The Geneseo Park District Babysitting Service is available for children of our patrons. Parents or guardians must remain in the Community Center building while the child is in the babysitting room. Children must be at least 6 months of age and care items must be provided by the parent, such as diapers, bottles, etc. Items must be labeled with child’s name. Bottles and sippy cups of juice are permissible. Food items are not to be brought into the room, crackers are provided.
Babysitting Services Hours as of January 1, 2016
Monday - Friday | 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Monday - Thursday | 5:00 - 7:30 pm
- Walk-In Members: $3.00 per child per visit. 3rd and 4th child are $1.50 per child per visit. Maximum of $9.00 per visit.
- Walk-In Non-Members: $6.00 per child per visit. 3rd and 4th child are $3.00 per child per visit. Maximum of $18.00 per visit.
Members Only Punch Cards*
- 10 punch card | $25.00
- 25 punch card | $50.00
- 50 punch card | $75.00
*Punch Cards can be purchased at the Geneseo Community Center. Punch cards expire 1 year from date of purchase. Punch cards are not transferrable. Any refund requests will be handled on a case by case basis.
Babysitting Rules & Regulations
- Each child in the babysitting room must have an informational sheet on file.
- Each child must check in at either the front desk or pool desk for pass validation.
- Punch card holders may proceed to the babysitting room. Patrons paying the walk-in fee must do so at either desk.
- Parents/Guardians must sign in and sign out each child. Under no circumstances will a child be allowed to leave the room without a parent/guardian signing them in or out.
- Parents/Guardians must remain in the Community Center while their child is in the babysitting room. During the Summer session, parent/guardians may be at the Outdoor Pool while their child is in the babysitting room during normal Babysitting Service Hours.
- Care items (i.e. diapers, bottles, sippy cups) must be provided by the parent/guardian. Items must be labeled with the child’s name.
- Children are welcome to bring their own toys and will be expected to share. The GPD is not responsible for any toy broken.
- Food items are not allowed into the babysitting room. Only crackers and water are provided.
- Children must be at least 6 months of age and no older than 10 years to be allowed into the babysitting room.
- The Geneseo Park District has a staff to child ratio guideline of 10:1. Every effort is made to maintain this ratio. As usage fluctuates in this multi-age environment, we reserve the right to adjust that ratio up or down with safety of our patrons as the top priority. In some cases, a child may not be allowed into the babysitting room until the ratio guideline is met.
Community Center Rule Reminders
- No children will be allowed in the cardio-weight room. Infants under 6 months in a carrier may be in a fitness class. Should the infant begin crying, the parent/guardian will be expected to leave the fitness class with the infant.
- School-Aged children can be in the gymnasium or lobby areas unsupervised so long as their parent/guardian remains in the Community Center and they follow the rules of usage.
- Children not of school age must be under direct supervision of a parent/guardian or a caregiver at least 11 years old.